Monday, April 1, 2013

I Make Drinks Too!

I know, it's been far too long! I'm sorry, I get distracted at times!

Anyway, tonight's interesting creation is a Peppermint Patty Martini. Trust me it's delicious and tastes just like a York Peppermint Patty.


A very simple drink, made from a very simple recipe (my own of course!), with a delicious outcome! Let's get started shall we? Well, I grabbed a shaker, a beautiful martini glass, Stoli vodka, WHITE creme de cacao, Peppermint schnapps (make sure it's green peppermint not the candy peppermint) it just wouldn't taste right if it were the candy one!, and last but not least some half & half. 

So, we toss some ice in the shaker, 1 1/2 oz of the Stoli, 1/2 - 3/4 each of the creme de cacao and peppermint schnapps, and then top with about 2 oz of half & half (roughly). Now lock that shaker top on and shake that bad boy!? After shaking for as long as you prefer your drinks shaken, pour into your soon to not be empty anymore martini glass. After most if not all of the drink is in there, shave some DARK chocolate on top, cuz you know, York Peppermint Patty's are made with Dark Chocolate, but you need to use the White creme de cacao to keep the color.

If there's a chocolate vodka out there, which I'm certain there is, you could try using about 2 oz of that in place of the creme de cacao. Nonetheless, this martini turned out delicious and I hope others try it out. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment