Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why Good Morning!

How's everyone doing on this wonderful Tuesday!?

I can assure you that I'm doing quite well on those what 5 hours of sleep I somehow managed. Anywho, last night I had one of the CUTEST children spending time with me. And of course he was stubborn and wanted something to eat. However, he's the pickiest child in the world and either only eats some of a happy meal or Wawa's chicken noodle soup, I decided I'll try to make him some soup.

Therefor, I got together some of my beef stock I made months ago, just in case of such an emergency! I had it frozen so I could use it for years to come. ;) Anyway, using that as my base, I "mandolined" aka sliced up some carrots and celery; threw in some thyme, salt, and pepper; gave that little concoction some heat while I cooked up the pieces of beef; and let it simmer away! After the beef had been cooked up nicely, not completely, I threw 'em into the soup to help get the flavor of the stock. As well, I tossed some orzo into the pot. Sadly, it was the only type of noodle I had on hand for soup that made sense.

Pathetically my camera's battery is dead and I've no idea where the charger is, at the moment! So, hopefully either later today or tomorrow I can find it so I can take a picture of one of the heated up bowls of it, because it really is quite delicious! Even if some little children who I won't be naming are too picky to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment