Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh Sweet Sweet Desserts!

So, tonight was definitely a wonderfully fun night with the baby Jayson and Delisa. Oh, how I love spending time with these two! Earlier, I took my Roadrunner in for an oil change and tire rotation. While that was being done, I decided to walk down the street; highway if you'd like to get technical. Where I walked into an Acme! Oh how excited I got!

I love grocery shopping. Oh gracious, I can spend way too much at any one time. Like this one I decided to buy some peaches. And with that I decided I wanted to make a Peach Cobbler. Sadly, on the walk back to pick up my car, I realized that a cobbler wasn't exactly what I was looking to make. So, going through cook books later I realized I could make a torte! And so I did.

After I picked up Delisa and the baby I started on my 'fantabulous' adventure around my kitchen. Even though I stayed in one corner, I had much too fun. Buttering phyllo dough sheets, which is quite the difficult. Cutting up the peaches, oh the aromas! I had my mother pick up some alcohols for me, seeing as how I can't buy any for myself. Some peach schnapps and orange liqueur.

So, after chopping and buttering and finally layering the phyllo dough sheets into their respective muffin tins; which did end up being a tad small for what I was looking for making. Nonetheless, putting the peaches, some water, schnapps, and sugar into the pot I let them simmer/boil. After a bit I tossed in some blueberries, a little secret touch I wanted to surprise everyone with; definitely turned out to be a great option. Finally, after taking out the phyllo cups and letting them cool, I poured in a little cornstarch water concoction to help thicken up the liquid.

After it thickened, I took 2 of the cups, poured in some of the peaches, put a scoop of ice cream with them and spooned some of the liquid all over the plate. Oh, goodness, the finishing product was and is DELICIOUS! Oh gracious, it may not look the best, but I can assure you that it was perfectly sweetened and very peachy with a great hint of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment