Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumnal Muffins!

I'm pretty certain you can guess where this night's post is going! That's right, muffiny muffins! =D I love them, they're almost always delicious creations.

Tonight's creation happened to be Pumpkin Muffins with a lite pumpkin cream filling. Really it's just your simple old muffin recipe; salt, flour, and baking powder in one bowl; sugar, milk, egg, vanilla in another. Add some melted butter to the wet ingredients as well as the pumpkin; how else would we get that delicious flavor! What I threw into the dry ingredients was some cinnamon and nutmeg, 2 things that go beautifully with pumpkin.

Before mixing the wet and dry ingredients I decided to make the cream filling, seeing as how it's one that needed to be baked with inside the muffins. So, we take some cream cheese, sugar, egg, and pumpkin. Mixed them together, not too much pumpkin because we didn't want it to be too strong. Made a little piping bag with a sandwich baggy and went on to mix the wet and dry ingredients of the muffins.

Finishing up the mixing, not mixing too much as muffin batter can't be mixed too much or else they can be ruined. I poured them into greased up muffin cups, and then piped the filling into each muffin. Right before putting them into the oven, I decided to drop some chopped walnuts on top of them. What could I say, scrumptious!!

So much muffin batter, I made 18 large at first, then did a batch of little ones, and was about to make about 12 more large muffins. So, I'm sure you can see how many muffins I managed to bake! Nonetheless, they turned out to be amazing, and as always, here's a picture of them! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment