Thursday, October 4, 2012

Midnight Meals

So, last night I came home from work starving, as usual! Instead of picking up something from Wawa or fast food, I decided to cook something. Thus I did. ;)

Took out some pre-diced chicken, tuscan veggies, bacon, eggs, rice, and peas. Not to be used together, I know it sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it? Anyway, I started out with cooking the rice, of course, as that boiled up I decided to make a thick little sauce to dredge the chicken and veggies in when I got them cooking. In the sauce I used apple cider vinegar, some Saké(to keep with the Asian theme going). Tossed in some paprika to give it a nice red color, some Cholula chili lime sauce after simmering all that for a bit, I decided to add some molasses for sweetness.

After I had gotten most of the ingredients into that sauce I decided to cook the bacon, cause ya know ya can't really eat bacon raw. Sadly I wanted to save dishes and decided to microwave the bacon, but I don't want to overcook it, and so  I accidentally under-cooked it. >< Nonetheless, it didn't destroy the whole meal. So, the rice had finished cooking, time to start the fried rice! Didn't see that coming did ya?

Started by heating up my wok, yes I do in fact have a nice large wok. =D Tossed in the eggs got them fried up, then the bacon hoping to cook it a tad more. Threw in some diced onions and finally the rice. As I did that I also had the chicken and veggies cooking. After the rice was thrown in, I added the soy sauce and some oil. Oh, and the pees went into the rice for the veggies it needed. As I mixed the rice, I decided to dredge my chicken and veggies into that nice thick sauce I made, which I thickened up with a water and cornstarch mix. Mixing both at the same time, I was excited to try them as I was finishing up.

The chicken and veggies were sweetly delicious, in my opinion. The fried rice definitely just needed the bacon to be cooked thoroughly and it would've been delicious. Nonetheless, I was satisfied with what I had gotten to eat last night, and look forward to making more midnight meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment